11.14.2012

Shopping for Deals and Discounts

When Macky’s father (my brother) left to work overseas, he was put  under our care. My parents, hubby and I are doing our best to take care of Macky’s physical needs from his food, clothing and school necessities. As a stay-at-home mother and Aunt, I am the one responsible for the family’s finances. Budgeting for Macky’s supplies every month is a little challenging especially if my brother’s remittance falls below the needed amount.

To make ends meet, I would usually look for deals and discounts when shopping for our grocery needs at home. Buying in bundles is usually priced lower that is why, when doing the weekly grocery shopping I would look on the discounted items first before getting the regular – priced products. I am just thankful that Macky is not that demanding when it comes to the brand that he uses.

Discounted shoes I bought for Macky.
He is now very conscious with his physical appearance especially now that pimples are starting to show on his face. He would always request for a sachet of facial wash and a bottle of his favorite Axe cologne for men every time we do grocery shopping. Yes, that’s how vain this young boy is. We are somehow happy to note that he is taking care of his skin and seems very aware of his hygiene although he tends to forget his regimen at times (and this is where Daddy Nonoy and Tita Rovs came in).

Handling family finances is really challenging especially during emergency cases wherein there is a need to shell out big amount of money for unplanned expenses. Times like these stresses me out when it seems like the situation is a dead end for me. I am just thankful that in every challenge that comes along our way God always sends angels to rescue us. Positive outlook in life really helps a lot as it makes me focus on the solution rather than the problems at hand.

Our family has become even stronger and faithful because we know that trials are God’s way of refining us to be  better persons and He is definitely preparing us for a greater tomorrow. Thank you Lord for the divine providence and the great love you have shown on us through the presence of our loving family and friends.

18 comments:

  1. I love your shoes. It is very nice when you can buy the things you want for a lesser price isn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Deals and discounts? I am so in for that! If not for coupons, sales, and clearance items, I wouldn't have all of the stuff I have shopped coz I never buy them in their original prices! Lol.

    ReplyDelete
  3. that is indeed a pretty good deal, nice shoes and at the same time you never spent a full price to get this amazing shoe

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wais ang Tita, hehehe! Macky is very lucky to have you Rovz and the rest of the family members.

    ReplyDelete
  5. May your family be continually blessed with love. You are a great aunt and Macky is lucky to have you. Great deals and discounts truly help a lot and I rely on them too when shopping for the needs of my kids. The hubby and I make it a point to teach them simplicity and the value of saving. Life is never too easy but as you said, God never fails to show His love :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. you're such a good sister,sis, to taking care that kind of responsibilities.Sounds Macky is a good son.I usually buy on clearance sale especially for my daughter's clothes.

    ReplyDelete
  7. woi, mao ba diay mami? I thought imo son si Macky...good to know!

    ayay, teens! that's very challenging...great finds!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Being the responsible for Budget is indeed a tough job. Hehehe, two thumbs up for you for being a great Aunt to him. How old is he nga Mare?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, Ms. Rovs, he is lucky to have you, such a dependable Tita.

    Anna

    ReplyDelete
  10. Nah, me i am spending more than my earnings kaya lagi me backlog :( go din ako sa mga discounted items in that way maka cope up man lang sa budget na pumapalya ... aha ha ha!

    ReplyDelete
  11. It doesn't matter if signature pa yan or you have bought it sa Ukay-ukay. ang mahalag may isusuot siya. Yes, it isgood to know that we have a God who will take cares of our needs

    ReplyDelete
  12. Nice naman yung shoes Rovs. Mukang bagay kay Macky. Besides nasa nagdadala naman yan eh. Hehe. It pays to be a smart shopper Rovs! I can't agree enough. :)

    I miss u, Sis! Musta mga rakets? Hahaha

    ReplyDelete
  13. nice buy Rovs..macky is lucky to have people around him who cares and love him

    ReplyDelete
  14. like you, i always look for promos, deal, discount and anything that could save me some money. macky's shoes looks so good, he is so lucky to have everyone around. :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. i love shopping esp. if there's a discount! nice shoes btw

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love shopping and I love discounts! I normally get my nice stuff from the outlet malls in the US. Way cheaper than the ones we have here in Dubai :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. awww. good thing is not demanding! :)
    He probably have a crush now that's why he's very conscious of how he looks. That's how we are, right? We've been in that stage; girls or boys! :D

    ReplyDelete
  18. aw so sweet of u to take care of ur nephew. kids now a days sure needs a lot of stuff and are brand conscious. coupons and great deals sure help a lot in meeting their needs and wants

    ReplyDelete

Thank you very much for showing you care!

I would really appreciate if you can support my other blogs by following;

My Journey
Anything About Bella
The Woman In Me
Food and Food Trips


Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

 

Copyright © The Father and Son Chronicles | Powered by Blogger