9.04.2011

Speech Competition Champion


 The month of August has just concluded which means that the Philippine Celebration for the "Buwan ng Wika" will also be over. Part of the commemorative celebration are the different speech contests every school is conducting including Macky's. The International Christian School of Davao celebrated the "Buwan ng Wika" for the elementary grade last August 31,2011.

The event's contests were participated by all elementary levels from 1st grade to 6th grade. Macky represented the 5th grade in the Talumpati (Speech) Competition. Upon hearing that he will be joining the contest, I was so excited to attend to show him my support but he don't want me to be there because he said that he will be ashamed if he will not win. So I just didn't push it. But look what he has got!


He Won the Contest!

Macky was declared champion in the Talumpati Competition. It was somehow unbelievable since we couldn't catch  him studying or memorizing his piece. I even told him to perform in front of the family so we can critique but he didn't took me  seriously. He also has a bonus news for us because  his teacher told him that he is the Top 6 of the class for the first grading of the this year.

We were so happy with the news  and I  immediately informed my brother that his son is really doing well at school. I let Macky read his father's reply through SMS. He  said that he is so happy and proud of Macky. He really showed extra effort to let his father feel that all his hard work was valued. His Tito Brendan will be treating him to Jolibee this coming payday as a reward for his efforts.

Again Lang, Congratulations! We are so proud of you  and very happy for your achievements. Keep it up!

4 comments:

  1. That is WONDERFUL!!! Congratulations from Arizona!

    ReplyDelete
  2. thank you for your kind words wilma...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats to your son Rovie. He's a smart little guy and he deserves a treat. By the way my dear I added your link to my blogroll list and followed this as well. Pleaseeee add mine? :-D Thank you and keep in touch.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The talent of speech runs in the blood. So proud!!! Padayun macky. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you very much for showing you care!

I would really appreciate if you can support my other blogs by following;

My Journey
Anything About Bella
The Woman In Me
Food and Food Trips


Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

 

Copyright © The Father and Son Chronicles | Powered by Blogger